Oregon Digital Newspaper Program
Historic Oregon Newspapers
The new Northwest. : (Portland, Or.) 1871-1887
- Place of publication:
- Portland, Or.
- Geographic coverage:
| View more titles from this:
- Mrs. A. J. Duniway
- Dates of publication:
Vol. 1, no. 1 (May 5, 1871)-v. 16, no. 25 (Feb. 24, 1887).
- Portland (Or.)--Newspapers.
- "A journal for the people. Devoted to the interests of humanity. Independent in politics and religion. Alive to all live issues, and thoroughly radical in opposing and exposing the wrongs of the masses."
- "Free speech, free press, free people."
- Also available on microfilm from the University of California, Berkeley; the Micro Photo Div., Bell & Howell Co.; and the Oregon Historical Society.
- Archived issues are available in digital format as part of the Library of Congress Chronicling America online collection.
- Editor: Abigail Scott Duniway.
- No paper issued Oct. 13, 1871.
- sn 84022673
- Related Links: