Image provided by: University of Oregon Libraries; Eugene, OR
About The Sumpter miner. (Sumpter, Or.) 1899-1905 | View Entire Issue (Aug. 5, 1903)
Wednesday, August ij, 1905
THE SUMPTER MINER
75,000 SHARES OF
IS NOW ON THE MARKET TO BE SOLD AT
TEN CENTS PER SHARE
As Soon as This Amount Shall Have
Been Disposed Of The Price Will
Again Advance. & & &
-. --. -
SEND FOR PROSPECTUS
Wo will cud you our now prospectus from which you can loarn much. Wo would further suggest thnt you wrlto, to it fow
of tho legltiiuto mining nion, business inon or bunkers about Highland, or if you would rather oomo mid look for yoursolf lot iih know, 'wo will
furnish you with transportation from your homo and return to tho Highliid mino; prove to iih that you liavo some uionoy you would like to
invest and wo will bring you to tho proprtoy uud show you soniothlUK which you will bo proud to invest your money In.
Wo aro anxious to have inon with monoy to come out and look ovor and oxamino tho Highland becauso wo know thoy will bo pleased with
tho property. Wo know wo have tho making of a largo gold producer and dividend payor.
TWENTY-FOUR REASONSWHY YOU SHOULD PREFER
FOR YOUR INVESTMENT
1. It has high grade oro on the surface and in tho underground workings.
2. The ore bodies show strength, width and length.
3. The oro can bo mined and milled at the lowest possible cost from
4. It has the best tunnel sites, and the oro en n and will bo run out on
cars, and the cars will not liavo to be hoisted, nor any water to ho pumped.
H. No expensive holstum plants will over have U Ixi installed and lii',h
priced pumping plants will not be needed, as the mine is self-draining.
0. Nearly 1000 foot depth will be gained by driving on tho ledge, and
an additional 1000 feet can be gained by driving a crosscut tunnel.
7. Tho Highland Company owns a water power which will drive all
the milling machinery.
8. There is abundance of timber on the property to Inst the company
0. 1 lie mine is only twelve miles from the main transcontinental rail
road, and the county road passes through the Highland ground; all the
road building has been completed.
10. The Highland is only five miles from the fertile Powder Hiver valley
where all kinds of fruits, vegetables, grain, hay, etc., grow in abundance.
11. Supplies can be had direct from the producer.
12 The Highland is on the Mother IakIo system of veins' in eastern Oregon
III. Tho Highland is located between tiio North Polo mine and tho
14. Tho Highland vein has Iwon thoroughly tested on the surface and is
now being thoroughly explored at depth, with wonderful results.
10. Tim Highland ores contain cnnimh gold per ton to nay forall mining,
milling anil incidental expenses, with enough money left to pay good
dividends to stockholders.
HI. On account of the favorable location, the iot-t of developing and
equipping the Highland will ho much less than for most of the mines,
17. The Highland Gold Mines Company absolutely owns and has good
title to twelve (12) claims, 240 acres, and has no indebtedness.
18. 'I he Directors will not run the Highland Company in debt, and aro
handling its affairs conservatively.
II). The management is active and the development is going on con
tinually ; ore reserves are being blocked nut every day.
20. Lust sample taken from the mine on .luue.'ld assayed f202.!iT er ton.
21. Wo are willing to allow you to make a personal examination of
the Highland Mine at our cxhjiiso in order that wo may verify every
22. You may ask anyone in Kastoru Oregon if tho above statements
are not correct,
2.'i. Kvery stockholder is regularly Informed regarding tho development
at the mine, whether it be favorable or otherwise.
24. The hooks of the company aro open ut all times (or inspection by
Address all Communications, and Make Your Checks, Drafts and Money Orders Payable, to
Neil J. Sorensen 8c Co.
DEPARTMENT NO. 9